Joined: 28 Dec 2003
Location: Parma, OH, USA
|Posted: Mon May 31, 2004 8:52 am Post subject:
|Hey! Hello there!
Great tutorial, I must say!
I did everything in it and you know what happened? NOTHING!
And you know why? Because:
1) Writing viruses is fucking LAME
2) The guy who wrote the tutorial has obviously not scripted a day in his life or he'd know there are ways to shut up the $findfile identifier, as well as make smaller searches so it doesn't APPEAR to lock up mIRC while it is searching
3) Half the information in the tutorial is incorrect
4) In order to write a working virus, you have to know all of the protocols your virus will be working with. if you want it to be stealth, they should be implimented directly, not in a well known scripting language
5) Polymorphism is a WONDERFUL tool for virus writers. It also relies, as stated by the author, on some amount of randomness. Before you use a script you should look over the code. If you do, you'll catch such things and not run the script.
6) Just don't do it. Some people hunt down virus writers and kill them. Think about that next time you think it would be cool to write a virus.
7) If I had imparted any of my scripting knowledge into the project, the virus would have worked, however, I went only by what the author said (and only for testing purposes) and he/she is an idiot.
There's a better chance of someone who actually NEEDS a tutorial to learn to write a virus infecting themselves than there is of them infectin others
9) It's illegal in almost every country in the world
10) Leave this tutorial up as a clear indicator of just how fucking STUPID people can be. But LOCK IT NOW!